A Seattle sign language interpreter says too many deaf people have been assaulted and arrested by police officers who didn’t know they were deaf, and thought they were being defiant. So she is crossing the country, training police officers in 54 cities on basic sign language and reminding them to be aware of the deaf community.
Things to do for your hard of hearing friends:
- Don’t whisper. Ever.
- Don’t put your hands in front of your mouth.
- Don’t refuse to repeat something you said.
- Don’t refuse to repeat something someone else said.
- Tell them if they are too quiet or too loud.
You’re a douche. There are many reasons why people want subtitles.
So if someone asks. DON’T complain about it. Just turn them on and be considerate. Thank you
things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up
A man just followed me around publix.
Man: Can I offer you a compliment?
Man: You look great. You’re beautiful.
I said thank you very genuinely and walked away. He showed up in every aisle I was in.
Man: Are you married?
Man: Wow. What a lucky guy. I love your outfit. More women should look like you. At least dress like you.
Man: You’re hot.
Man: I see you’ve got a pedicure.
WOW LOOKING THROUGH WONDER WOMAN COMIC BOOK ART AND FAN ART ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THE PIN UP POSES WONDER WOMAN IS THE WARRIOR PRINCESS OF THEMYSCIRA DAUGHTER OF THE QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS HIPPOLYTA ARE YOU KIDDING ME SHE DOESN’T BEND OVER HER LASSO BACKWARDS